WWDC 2017 is over and we have something to evaluate on it. Every year, Apple shows its new plans and new strategies for the company.
“Idea is an introduction to creativity that gives birth to reality.” – Stephen Magnus
The above mentioned quotation by Stephen Magnus can aptly describe the story of evolution for Apple. Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, the co-founders of Apple Inc, in April 1976, gifted the world with a highly innovative technology that has been continuously surprising its end-users with new invents.
The much awaited World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) was held from 5th to 9th of June at San Jose, California. It is an annual Conference where developers attend sessions and meet with over 1,000 Apple engineers. The event basically briefs on the new technically upgraded software and occasionally new hardware that Apple is about to introduce in the market.
This is a most sought after event that people around the world eagerly awaits, a curiosity to know what more Apple has to offer from its kitty.
The WWDC 2017 is over and Apple has already made a series of announcements. The question is how far did Apple meet with all the Speculations and Expectations at the event?
The Biggest Rumours or Speculations About Apple’s Big (WWDC 2017) Week:
- SIRI Upgrades
- MacOs & Apple TV
- MacBook & iPad
- Augmented Reality Glasses
- Watch Os4It seems
Apple did live up with most of the Speculations, Rumours and Expectations, and innovated a little more.
An Insight into the Announcements for 2017:
Like every year, Apple showcased many products and promised to bring many awaited features for the fan in WWDC 2017. Apart from the new features, Tim Cook also announced that there will be some upcoming updates from the company.
- Siri gets smarter- Siri is going to do a better job of connecting to third party apps and surfacing information for you. It becomes possible to translate queries into other languages such as Spanish, Chinese and French. It will now be more responsive of the user and upbeat for offering assistance. With on-device machine learning, Siri can help you in making a calendar appointment related to your trip booking or suggest reading new books.
- Little Improvement in MacOs: MacOs has received minor alterations. MacOS High Sierra (aka macOS 10.13) is designed to introduce significant under-the-hood updates. It adopts the Apple File System (APFS), a new modern file system that is optimized for solid state storage with native encryption, crash protection, and other features, and uses the HEVC (H.265) compression standard that enables higher-quality video streaming and smaller file sizes. Metal 2 is built into High Sierra, adding support for speech recognition, natural language processing, and computer vision. Metal 2 and Thunderbolt 3 will also allow Apple’s top-of-the-line Macs to support VR and external graphics cards. Safari will block autoplay video and keep advertisers from tracking Mac users, Mail will put relevant emails at the top of the inbox, and Siri on Mac features a more natural voice and new music knowledge.
- Innovation in WatchOs 4- It is a new Siri powered watch face that suggests the content you may need, automatically. When you shake your wrist, the watch will update with fresh, updated information on relevant items like reminders, upcoming meetings, traffic information, news, etc. With fitness features such as smart workout controls, prompts to dual-way workout data exchange and set goals using specific gym equipment, it does all. Moreover, you can also use the watch face as a blinking light or a flashlight.
- New invents in TvOs- Entering in commercial space,Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple also promised to offer more updates for tvOS, later this year. The services include more TV shows and movies as well as innovative content and better streaming channel integration in tvOS 11. This is by far most excited announcement in WWDC 2017.
- Details on MacBook & iMac Pro– The advanced features includes improved display, better graphics performance and faster processors as well as most appropriate VR content creation and more memory capacity. The New iMac Pro is specifically designed using the hi-end specification that require for things to develop like VR games for creative professionals.
- New Features added to iOS 11– A new system-wide design changes has been introduced with main focus on new animations, buttons etc. It has a totally new look and offers new customization options. The new features of iOS 11 are:
>Apple Pay Cash Card
>New Design of App Store
- iPad– It has a new persistent Dock, accessible by swiping up from the bottom of the display, which can be used anywhere, and there’s a new App Switcher that makes it easier to multitask.
- HomePod– It is an upcoming speaker device that is set to be released in the month of December. HomePod is Apple’s answer to the Amazon Echo and the Google Home, but the speaker focuses heavily on superior sound quality as a differentiating factor.
- Accessories- New accessories has also been introduced like new watch bands, a new Wireless Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keyboard, and new iPad cases.
- 5 Inch IPad Pro Introduced– The iPad Pro will now be available in three different sizes, with a new 10.5-inch model introduced today. There is a 12-megapixel camera, and 7MP selfie cam. It supports USB 3.0 and has 10 hours of battery life.
Overall the WWDC 2017 Summit was packed up with new updates and more advanced softwares. It was quite an intriguing session both for the developers and the end-users alike.
Soon speculations will start building up again. We are confident that Apple will again surpass our expectations with their magic.