Ten to fifteen years back most of us were just trying our hands into the mobile technology with the ancient version of Nokia handsets. Since then technology has taken a giant leap forward gradually infiltrating untouched venues. The rise of individual mobile app developers around the world just added to its list of success by bringing in the bundle of applications on a day-to-day basis slowly cluttering not only the app stores but our handset and our lives as well. The ocean of applications has given multi reasons to worry for the top mobile app development companies. The current trends of application users paint an alarming picture for the mobile developers already.
Also Read: Best Celebrity Look Alike Apps in 2022
- 8 out 10 smartphone users invest their time on the maximum of 3 applications on a daily basis out of which the social networking ones occupy most of their time.
- Users spend a maximum of 2.8 hours interacting with such applications in total.
- Also, a survey conducted by the Silicon Valley start-up Quettra reported that newly launched applications loose 80% of its initial users within three days of their installation.
Irrespective of their usefulness catering to daily requirements, mobile users or rather most of us do realize that the app development companies stress more on pushing content that, in turn, has created more dissatisfaction leading to them getting eventually flushed out of the device. The market situation has now presented the perfect condition for micro apps to make headway into the smartphones.
This raises the question: what are micro apps??
Even though you think that you are not much familiar with this term, you are actually surrounded by quite a few examples that otherwise might not have struck you as an application before.
Micro apps actually refer to those specific applications which are small in size, customer and specific task focused, offering targeted features to aid users in performing specific tasks instantly. The usual mobile application development service caters a wide range of user requirements contrary to the micro apps that only stick to their core objective.
Also Read: Mobile app or Mobile website
Citing a few such examples here will actually you. Weather forecast and Facebook Messenger are but a few such micro apps that have already made a place in our mobile device.
So, what are the factors that have contributed to rising demand for such micro applications??
- General apps add to the extra burden- Mobile applications have gradually adopted a complex structure trying to fit in the latest technology within its narrow framework catering to a wide range of user requirements. At times they are mostly the miniature version of the websites resulting in complicated structure only results in occupying unnecessary space in user’s mobile device. The complex navigation only results in unsatisfied users who often take the drastic step to get the apps flushed out of their smartphone.
- Rising app development prices- The latest technology exerts a lot of pressure on the hired mobile app developers dedicated to designing applications that can render an incredible user experience at the same time competing with the high budget applications to gain visibility in the app store. Such a move results in exceeding the budget estimation of the apps resulting in the abandoning the production of the otherwise potential application.
- Simple user experience- Users mostly expects the application to give a smooth an instant navigation in comparison to the websites. There is no reason to wait for the apps to get loaded or else there will be hardly much difference between an app and a website. But, at times, such applications fail to comply with this basic requirement often due to their complicated framework. But the micro apps are light in size occupying minimal space in the device and easily customized fitting the user requirement.
Also Read: Tips to obtain unmatchable UX/UI
- Easy accessibility- These applications are easy to load and access catering to the specific requirement without navigating them through unwanted areas and no need for registration which usually forms the basis of the normal applications.
- Micro apps make use of limited resources- They are designed to achieve specific goals such as Facebook messenger or the weather forecast and or the daily news feed apps. Hence there is no need to incorporate complicated technology into the app framework to achieve it which actually contributes towards its minimal budget requirement.
- Higher quality user experience- The applications are easy to load and their simple and uncomplicated framework makes them less of a burden at the same time rendering the specific function unhindered for which it was designed.
- Function-specific- Micro apps such weather forecast will only feed in the daily weather report to the device on a daily basis and the UI can be altered by mobile application developers specific to the user type, set of devices, app workflow etc.
We cannot conclusively comment that the micro applications will contribute towards complete obliteration of normal applications but are definitely the next generation of such apps. The best mobile application development companies involved with designing micro apps need minimal investment into converting their application app store optimized since such apps typically avoid the play stores rather get loaded directly into the existing communication tools. This new approach to designing apps is giving a chance for the app development companies to start redoing their customer retention and branding strategy. So long consumers enjoy navigating such apps which are devoid of all such frailties that make up a standard mobile application.
Fluper, one of the top-rated mobile app development companies, do have the required right set of skill sets to designing such micro apps befitting the popular demand.