The Blockchain is the top-notch technology of the recent world that records and protects information in such a way that it cannot be altered, deleted, or destroyed. This immutable and shared ledger facilitates fast and easy digital transactions between various parties and tracking assets in the business network. This technology started to gain popularity when it is implemented in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. As this technology ensures data transparency while maintaining high-end data security simultaneously, it is used in a decentralized finance applications, digital voting, medical record tracking, gaming, capital markets, supply chain management, etc. In this vast way, blockchain technology is capturing the Global business and progressing in the domain of travel, education, insurance, legal and many more.
How does blockchain work?
This technology is also known as distributed ledger technology (DLT). The concept of this technology was first proposed as a research project in 1991 and it was applied for the first time on Bitcoin in 2009. After that, the use of blockchain was widespread via cryptocurrency non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized finance (Defi) to Smart contracts. This ledger technology is mostly used in Ecommerce platforms. The use of the Best Blockchain Programming Languages in this platform makes the marketers keen to invest in an e-commerce site. Here is the diagram that will represent how the blockchain works in a financial transaction.
The market size of Blockchain technology:
The global blockchain technology market size was assessed at USD 5.92 billion in 2021 and is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 85.9% from 2022 to 2030. So, businesses and developers are searching on using Best Blockchain Programming Languages to implement this technology broadly.
The pandemic condition of 2020-2021 witnessed the vast use of this Blockchain technology. This technology took an important part in propelling several activities regarding digital transformation and several initiatives during this crisis scenario. From the Covid-19 Pandemic condition, several marketers and governments are focusing on deploying this concept to various innovative technologies to improve the user experiences. Thus, this pandemic condition increases the market size of this technology.
To leverage this blockchain technology in ingenious use cases, industries need to implement the best blockchain Programming Languages in upcoming projects.
Top 10 Best Blockchain Programming Languages:
Here, we’ll see the top 10 Best Blockchain Programming Languages.
- Solidity is the most used high-level Blockchain Programming language globally recommended by developers.
- It is used for deploying smart contracts and creating decentralized applications (dApps).
- Ethereum is one of the most popular technologies that is used in online payments with cryptocurrency. Solidity is the contract base statically typed programming language. So, the developers can easily apply it to create a stable and more flexible coding pattern for smart contracts to run Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). It is a very much developer-friendly, flexible language.
- It provides support for the inheritance feature of smart contracts.
- The high-accuracy rate of Solidity offers a secure, reliable and accurate medium for various sources in building smart contracts between two parties.
- Some of the blockchain projects that use Solidity: are Ethereum, Chainlink, Sushiswap, and Compound Protocol.
- Limitations: Solidity is not universal. It is only used in the Ethereum ecosystem.
2. Go Lang
- Go Lang, is another blockchain programming language, suitable for high-performing programs running on modern distributed systems and multicore processors.
- It is a statically typed, compiled programming languagedesigned internally at Google.
- Go or Go Lang is an open-source programming languagethat makes it easy to build a simple, reliable, and efficient blockchain.
- It is a user-friendly and flexible language.
- It has organized syntax like C/C++ languages.
- The Garbage collection feature of Go Lang helps the developers to wrap up their tasks easily and quickly.
- It has high developer community support.
- GoLang has all the important features needed for a distributed system because it can handle multiple parts of the blockchain concurrently.
- The blockchain projects that use GoLang: GoChain, Dero, Loom Network, Ethereum, Hyperledger and Fabric.
- Python is one of the Best Blockchain Programming Languages in the modern world.
- Python has a huge number of frameworks and libraries that make easier the process of coding easier and reduce the development time.
- The speed and built-in testing feature of Python blockchain language allow the developers to build and test out new ideas very quickly.
- Its wide open-source support comes with a host of tools that aids the developers to solve a wide range of tasks.
- It fits for both blockchain and smart contracts development.
- Python has a large community support.
- The Built-in testing feature of Python decreases the debugging time.
- Examples of blockchain projects that use Python: Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, NEO, Steemit.
- Limitations: It is weak in mobile phone devices.
- Java is the most preferred language for backend operation to any Android App Development Company. But, it is also considered one of the top 10 Best Blockchain Programming Languages for the following features.
- Excellent code portability is used in building sophisticated Smart contracts such as Truffle, and ARK.
- The flexibilityof Java allows developers to write code that can run on any machine or device, irrespective of its architecture or platform.
- Multithreaded and dynamic Java helps in running more than one thread at a time which leads to optimum utilization of the CPU.
- The strong support for OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) methodology makes Java a widely chosen blockchain language for building dApps.
- Some of the popular blockchains that are developed using Java include Ethereum, IOTA, NEM, and NEO.
- It doesn’t have a backup facility.
- Java is memory-consuming.
- Though C++ is the oldest programming language still it is widely used in building blockchain apps.
- C++ plays a great role in manipulating the blocks and chains of a blockchain.
- This object-oriented, rather than process-oriented, extension of the C language interrelates perfectly with the internal structure of blockchain.
- Initially, C++ was used in Bitcoin coding. But, now, it is applied in deploying an ample range of innovative blockchain applications.
- C++ is mostly used in developing EOS smart contracts, XRP Ledger and a decentralized cryptographic ledger that stores information about XRP.
- The multi-threading features, polymorphism, data hiding, transparency and the use of the Standard Template Library (STL) make it ideal for Best Blockchain Programming Languages.
- Rust is the famous blockchain programming language for creating fast and secure applications.
- It is vastly applied to design reliable, innovative, and immutable blockchain solutions.
- Rust provides zero-cost abstractions and default development guidelines to the developers.
- It is a very fast and memory-efficient blockchain language used in building smart contracts.
- It complies with the WASM platform and offers a Self-upgradability function to the chain.
- Simplicity is a popular blockchain programming language to make the code for sophisticated smart contracts.
- This language hit the market in November 2017.
- This language aims to reduce the complex and low-level understanding of the Bitcoin Script and Ethereum’s EVM.
- Simplicity is compatible with the open-source, Blockchain platform- Elements. As Elements has the sidechain-capability, the blockchain developers use many functions and features of Simplicity in building sidechains or independent blockchains.
- The liquid network also encourages Simplicity to implement such blockchains. Engaging applications of this language for liquid users are vaults, trust-minimized escrow, and other Smart Contracts.
- Ruby is a well-known blockchain programming language to create a decentralized application or designing dApp architecture.
- The developers use Ruby to create Blockchain Programming through third-party APIs and plug-ins.
- The developers use the Multi-Paradigm feature of Ruby in cross-platform to develop blockchains.
- Rail frameworks have a large and potential developer community (Ruby on Rails);
- Ruby on Rails is used in building a cool Crypto Currency Portfolio app.
- PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) was Released in 1995.
- It is a popular blockchain programming language, used by every Android App Development Company.
- As PHP is an open-source programming language, it can be installed and used readily.
- The developers find it easier in working with this simple and straightforward language.
- It is simple and straightforward language. So it takes less time in learning and work on it becomes easier.
- In future the developments on the PHP Blockchain might include: Transactions, Wallets Distributed architecture and Consensus.
- This is new in the best blockchain programming languages.
- It is a high-speed language.
- Rolang is a very much developer-friendly and flexible language in blockchain technology.
- Its data security and reliability make it a preferred language for smart contract development.
Blockchain use in AI and cloud technology:
The cloud offers high scalability and elasticity while the blockchain provides decentralization, data privacy and better network security. So, the blockchains on the cloud platform create innovative solutions. AWS blockchain offers a fully managed ledger database that designs a centralized, immutable and cryptographically verifiable transaction log.
Many companies are trying to integrate Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities with blockchain to digitalize and automate back-office operations through smart banking solutions.
Hence these are the top 10 Best Blockchain Programming Languages that use this technology to solve the problem of distrust involved in business, reduce unnecessary costs and promote transparency. Mobile App Development Companies in India these languages to use this blockchain technology for business purposes.