According to a recent report from, App Annie, app industry has touched the new heights last year since its dawn. The industry recorded a 40% growth in the revenue in 2016 as compared to that of 2015. The derailed phone sales in the world have no impact over the app market. Both android and iOS have registered record growth. With combined downloads of both the major players crossed the 90 billion mark. The apps download is 15% higher than the previous year. These stats not only boost the confidence of the industry but also for the upcoming app development companies.
What the report says?
The report came in last month, from leading market research firm, App Annie. Here are some key facts of the report.
- Emerging markets such as India and China will be the engine for the growth of the app industry. This is due to the presence of first time users in these regions. Android has strong customer base in these countries.
- New markets such as India and Indonesia will see a hyper growth in coming years. However, global download rate will reduce once the smartphone density is saturated. Even though, monetisation opportunities will increase as the users will settle down with needed apps.
- The increased downloads of the apps will increase the m-commerce market as well. In 2016, mobile accounted for 44% of retailers’ online traffic and 31% of online sales globally.
Why the trend is so?
According to App Annie global app revenue to reach at $202 billion by 2020 with 284 billion downloads. Which proves, the continuity of the app market growth at the same pace. No doubt that apps are something that are driving the day for us. They are everywhere, “there is an app for that” is a phase that is very common. This has resulted in the global dominance of the apps in every field and also many mobile app development companies are coming up. Here are the reasons why app trends are so promising.
- Apps provide better user friendliness as smartphones are at arm’s reach always, while laptops and PC’s are quite far.
- They provide great facilities to the business owners as well such as push notification that makes it obligatory for the users to check the message.
- Apps cuts the competition for the business. Once an app is installed by a user, he will not install a second app for the exactly same purpose.
- Apps provide better integration with other API’s such as payment wallets as compared to that of their web counterparts.
According to every research firm, app industry is all set to grow in near future. Look at these awesome facts for the growth predictions of the market.
- According to Statista, annual revenue is expected to reach $189 billion by 2020.
- Since 2016, more than 25% of iOS developers have generated more than $5,000 in monthly revenue.
- Customization apps have seen a staggering 332% rise in session usage.
- Globally, total time spent in apps grew by 63 percent on Android phones from 2014 to 2015.
- Global app store downloads will likely grow from 111.2 billion in 2015 to 284.3 billion in 2020.
Looking for app?
Fluper is one of the best mobile app development in Noida. With over 125 successful project delivered on time, we have great expertise in working with small development targets. We provide quality service at most affordable price tag. Contact us at email@example.com. We’ll get back to you soon.