Who said that inventions are devoid of errors and challenges? The mobile app development companies are quite familiar with this point, encountering challenges at every step of the app development process. Technology is definitely not flawless and there are gaps usually overlooked that emerges as possible threats challenging the inventors. Likewise, mobile technology is a volatile field and any modern inventions pose fresh pages of challenges to the mobile developers.
Also Read: A step towards internet of things
Now if we speak about the current mobile technologies such as AI, ML, IoT, AR and VR, we get articles, blogs, and other such contents, often, dedicated entirely to the narration of the benefits drawn from Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots. But little do we get information pertaining to the hindrances that they offer to the developers now and then. Designing an artificially intelligent bot is by itself quite a challenging task and maintenance of the said feature in smartphone applications is yet another grueling one to accomplish.
Also Read: Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence
By now most of you are familiar to some extent with these challenges. But for the budding mobile app developers who are framing idea to incorporate AI bots into their designed application can consider going through the challenges before plunging into the app development process.
So, let’s figure out the common challenges usually faced in developing and maintaining AI Bots:
- AI Bots speak but do not empathize- Most e-commerce mobile app development services replaces human executive with an artificially intelligent Chatbot to cater endless customer queries. But this issue most of the users have faced while dealing with an automated virtual voice assistant. The interactions with them are often deemed robotic lacking the personal touch effect that comes with a human executive. The problem lies not in the inability to interact with a human rather the main doubt arises on whether their issue has been heard by the company or not.
- Bots fail to relate with human responses- Even though we do say that Bot is artificially intelligent but they lack the basic intellect to relate to human responses via basic languages and specific scenarios. They are designed to follow a specific path rarely capable of responding to deviations apart from the scripted contents. Many bots fail to comply with human responses if they fall outside the programmed sequence.
- One-track minds- They are designed specifically to cater specific tasks properly defined by the mobile application developer. Human intellects permit them to consider learning and deriving data from other resources to tackle uncertain challenges different from the task-at-hand. Contrary to them, AI bots fail to emulate the same quality of the human counterparts.
- Can’t solve every issue- There are still many areas which fall beyond the realm of the smart bots that they fail to fathom and sort out. Most of them still rely on predefined codes to counter the specific challenges and issues.
- Another channel for Spamming- Bots emerges as engagement tools providing opportunities to develop interactive connections with the end users. This very feature is often manipulated by the competitors in spamming their opponents’ sites by pushing notifications, repurposed content, and such other techniques.
- Failure to add value- Using Chatbots to enhance customer experience must be well defined such that they add value to their service instead of engaging in fruitless conversation. So design appropriately to raise the value of the bots engaged in servicing the users.
Come what may, Artificial Intelligence and Bots have proved their worth in rendering round the clock customer care service to the end users against the maximum of 9 hours service capability of a human executive. Mobile applications such as m-Commerce apps have extended usability of these two technologies. Both the iOS app developers and Android mobile app development companies are exploring other possible functionalities to empower their AI bots with and defining simple ways to overcome the mentioned challenges. All we need is to remain patient and as life finds its way so will modern technology gradually pave the way for more independent features of the bots.