Hey ready for the challenge!!
Pretty Scary!! I know, but can we, if taken up the challenge, actually imagine passing even a single waking hour without checking out what is there on a Facebook page, who is online in WhatsApp or who has updated a new image on Instagram?? And also consider what the mobile application developers will do to earn their bread?? The questions are endless and possibilities of actually fulfilling such a dare by any single sole are near to negligible.
Now turn your attention to the two images given below…
What do we see??
- The first image displays a harsh reality of what our current condition is courtesy the portable smart devices. Ever since mobile technology took a step beyond a mere communicative device as it was during the initial days, socialization acquired a completely different meaning altogether. People prefer being more verbal on social media sites rather than exchanging a few words with the person sitting next to him or her.
- The second image displays the happy childhood once led by our elders when smartphones did not encroach into their happy social lives.
A game which is supposed to be played on the field has taken place in the virtual world of gaming applications. Mobile app development companies fight each other to come up with more immersive gaming concepts with their applications, filling them up with engrossing components that keep the players enticed with for endless hours.
The entertaining and helpful device slowly turned out to be one of the other life-sustaining components such as air, earth, fire, and water. But what we fail to realize is that these gadgets are actually making us lazy, incompetent, unproductive and dull.
An experiment conducted by the universities of Würzburg and Nottingham Trent revealed quite shocking statistical figures:
- 4% participants consider their smartphones more or equally important to that of their closest friends.
- 4% participants consider their smartphones more important than their parents.
- 8 out of 10 will fail to recall their partner’s contact number without their cell phone.
I mean like SERIOUSLY!!!!
Now, let’s turn our attention to the following image:
This image but points out to the most startling fact and that our intellect and brain can no more be relied upon to recall any minute details as tiny as someone’s contact number.
Do we need any further shreds of evidence before realizing that our mobile phones are really a devil in guise? I mean it’s time to Wake Up before things go out of hand completely. Apart from causing stress, anxiety, insomniac, and depressive, it makes us addictive and can often lead to irreversible damage to brain and eardrums.
These are the side effects which are often followed by great creations. But, how will our daily routine get affected if smartphones were stolen from you me and the rest for one day??
Let’s find out:
- You can’t literally call anyone simply because you do not have your personal phone and it is useless to borrow someone else’s since you fail to recall the number. And even if you manage to recall, well you will hardly find any paid phone booths to help you. Trust me when I say this there are lesser than few who will share their phone with you.
- You and others without phones are unexpectedly late for everything since you cannot fix an alarm to wake you up in the morning and no device to verify the time since Watches are probably stored in a protected jewel box.
- Productivity at workplace doubles up as you will not have your smartphone to constantly beep to remind you every second to check the phone for fresh notifications.
- Done with your meal faster than ever cause your attention is focused mainly on eating rather than texting or swapping apps after apps.
- Have a sound sleep for the first time as there is nothing to satiate the curiosity of what others are doing in their lives.
- Minimal accidents on roads and rail tracks with a focus mainly on safe driving and or crossing the road/railway tracks following the traffic rules cautiously.
- Start spending more time with books, friends, and families since there is no alternative to spending your spare time especially when you are traveling somewhere.
- Increased recall power when smartphones will not be there to serve as your personal assistant and portable brain. Either you exercise your brain to recall or write down to memorize minute details.
- You are finally free to go wherever you feel like or at the max disappear for a couple of hours without anyone bothering or checking on you time to time.
Maybe not all will agree to what I tried to place forward here. But we all can at least give it a try just for a day to experience the difference.
And now we wrap up
WoW!! That many benefits we can actually enjoy if we manage to put away the phone for a day. Mobile application development companies may not be much supportive of this mission since if their users get used to not using the smartphone often, their applications will fail to fetch the desired results. Then again, technology always leaves other doors open when few options cease to exist. Yes!! Top-rated mobile application development companies such as Fluper experiments with innovative ideas such as applications that actually help users fight their smartphone addiction. So, all is not lost for the developers. Afterall, anything in huge quantities can prove to be detrimental and requires the immediate solution to minimize the usage before it causes permanent damage. Also, there are other ways to prevent the growing addiction like switching back to the old models of telephones or:
Keep your phone away and spend some more time with real people out in the fresh air.
Still, if you plan to design applications contact Fluper to gain innovative insights and support from their team at: